Bought my first donorcycle

8jimi8

CFRN
Suzuki GZ250. Gas is killing me on my commute and its cheaper to buy the bike than to pay for gas in my forerunner!

its a small 300 pound learner bike.

If vene signs off on this post, will it count for an OOH DNI??

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Those are fun little bikes. I'm looking at getting myself an SV650 for commuting once I get this semester paid off. I need something to commute to Pecos County for part time shifts and then to ODessa for class

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
I can already tell that it is too small for me, but I'll wait until I'm done laying it down to get a real bike!

Last edited by a moderator:

Adz

Forum Crew Member
You never finish laying them down, trust me, just had a buddy lay his down after 30 years of riding experience. Sometimes it's not you, it's other cars who don't see you.

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
Quiz Question -- Why is the term "donorcycle" a misnomer?

(BTW, I commute on a Buell 1200 Firebolt)

Veneficus

Forum Chief

Not for about another year, but when I am done with school I hope to earn enough to open up a motorcycle/ATV shop, gun shop, and bar.

I figure that will keep a steady rate of income.

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
Not for about another year, but when I am done with school I hope to earn enough to open up a motorcycle/ATV shop, gun shop, and bar.

I figure that will keep a steady rate of income.

Sounds like a killer business plan.... all under one roof? ! lol

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
Quiz Question -- Why is the term "donorcycle" a misnomer?

(BTW, I commute on a Buell 1200 Firebolt)

I give up, why is it a misnomer?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Sounds like a killer business plan.... all under one roof? ! lol

With a sign that says "helmets are for wimps"

I thought the donor cycle was for low speed accidents without a helmet?

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
I thought the donor cycle was for low speed accidents without a helmet?

Well, that might actually work, for real low speed accidents, and where the Pt ended up in ICU for a day or two, so they could see how the organs were doing.

On a funnier note, there used to be a store that we passed on the way up to deer hunting many years back -- "Guns, Bullets and Booze". That always drew a laugh.

OP
OP
8jimi8

8jimi8

CFRN
What organs are you going to harvest after an unrestrained impact? Maybe a little scleral tissue, but not much else useful...

lol... i'll skip my joke and just say.... "THATS WHAT SHE SAID"

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Suzuki GZ250. Gas is killing me on my commute and its cheaper to buy the bike than to pay for gas in my forerunner!

its a small 300 pound learner bike.

Nice. I got a 1983 honda magna v45 750. my dad and i restored it together. And yes yours is a learner i learned on mine and almost broke my ankle the first time i dropped it. its 700 + pounds