Boston Metro Area Paramedic Jobs...Best Place to Work

J0341Medic

Forum Ride Along
Hello All -

I'm a Paramedic with over 10 years of experience, I worked in a metro city EMS system as an FTO for 10 years. I just moved to the Boston area, looking for a Paramedic job for part-time or 24 hours shifts, that's why I decided not to go to Boston EMS. What are the best services in the area to work (Hospital or Private Ambulance). I would like a place that does 911 and/or critical care transports. No more than an hour drive from Boston. Thanks so much for your advice.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hello All -

I'm a Paramedic with over 10 years of experience, I worked in a metro city EMS system as an FTO for 10 years. I just moved to the Boston area, looking for a Paramedic job for part-time or 24 hours shifts, that's why I decided not to go to Boston EMS. What are the best services in the area to work (Hospital or Private Ambulance). I would like a place that does 911 and/or critical care transports. No more than an hour drive from Boston. Thanks so much for your advice.
When I started working at Brewster all the paramedic shifts were 24s, not sure if that's changed at all. I liked working there, though at times it could be a bit of a "stuffy atmosphere."

Not a lot of hospital based EMS in MA anymore. South Shore Hospital in Weymouth has a transfer service (ALS), Lawerence General Hospital provides ALS intercept and transport in Lawerence, and Lowell General Hospital provides ALS intercept. Emerson Hospital provides ALS intercept to some suburban MA communities, but they contract with Pro EMS out of Cambridge for staffing. I hear Pro is a good company as well, they provided service to Cambridge.

Boston Medflight does a fair amount of ground transports but you'd need a critical care endorsement.

OP
OP
J

J0341Medic

Forum Ride Along
Great information to start. Thank you! Does Boston Medflight hire ground paramedics?