Best ePCR software......and GO!!

lacey15890

Forum Probie
Our company still mainly uses paper and we also use the free version of ImageTrend to report to the state. What does your company use or what is the best software you have used to date? Please lead me in the right direction on making the best choice! I want pros and cons and anything else you have to say about the different softwares you use.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
ESO, is in my opinion, the gold standard.

The back end is user friendly, very customizable, good data reporting and from a providers perspective one of the best and easiest to use. Their customer support and continuous product improvement is very good as well.

That said, the biggest factor in how good an ePCR software program is, depends largely on your local administrations ability and knowledge. If they don't set it up well, it won't function as well.

TL;DR ESO has my vote hands down.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So far the first version of AMR MEDS was the best I've used. EMS charts is second, and golden hour is a very distant third, it probably only made top 3 because I've only used 3.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
ImageTrends Elite hands down. I also really enjoyed AMR’s MEDS program when we were using it. I hate EMScharts with a passion.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Emscharts sucks. Zoll epcr and eso as an end user are different, but the same. Both work just fine.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
ESO is my favorite. I've used Zoll Tablet PCR, High Plains, and HealthWare regularly and demoed ImageTrend and another one I don't remember. The ability to transfer a trip is pretty cool- I can receive demographics, meds/hx/allergies, procedures, vitals, etc. from fire and I can transmit it to another crew if I'm working a non-transport role or I can send it to the transport crew. It's also good about importing patients from previous contacts, which is nice.

If your hospitals use the Health Data Exchange, you can also see dispos, discharge diagnosis, and some other info depending on the facility. I'm a HUGE fan of this.

I don't do QA, but the people that do rave about ESO on the back end for that. Our billing is outsourced, so I have no idea if they like it or not, other than they want us to get chart/account/visit/whatever numbers in the trip so they can get billing info through HDE.

ESO is pretty dependent on getting regular app updates and our IT department sucks at that, so bear that in mind.

NPO makes a good point about local set-up. I've found a lot of the stuff I find irritating is NEMSIS 3.0 :shrug:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Love me some ESO. The Analytics, even at a self taught level, is great for QA and data gathering. I am hoping my new job will transition to it from EMSCharts, though I don't think EMSCharts is terrible. ESO seems to work well on tablets as well though you need a Windows device. Our billing and third party QA also love the reports it generates.

I thought Zoll kind of sucked and High Plains wasn't much better (but they don't exist anymore). ERS has an absolutely terrible interface and seems very buggy. AMR's MEDS is a solid platform but I am not sure if any non AMR operations can use it (I have heard rumors that it is possible if you outsource your billing to AMR?).

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I also like ESO. Easy on the provider side, lots of good analytics on the backend.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I like EMScharts myself... it was my first epcr software, and others were not as user friendly. I tried the zoll one, and wasn't impressed. I've used ESO, and wasn't impressed, but if that was the only software I ever used, I'm confident I would have liked it.

The biggest thing I found was writing an epcr and writing a traditional paperchart are completely different. With EMScharts, you need to retrain your providers in their documentation, as there is no narrative. many of my former coworkers had issues with this, and they wanted to find a big box and write a whole story. But that also happens anytime we changed our documentation.

In either case, I will take electronic charting over paper charts any day.

chriscemt

Forum Lieutenant
AMR's MEDS works fine - but they've moved to tablets and the interface has not been revised from the days of desktop data entry. A revision to make the interface touch-based would be phenomenal.