Best EMS Career Companies in US?

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
so im looking to get out of state (CA Job market sucks horribly).. ive been looking at Fire-Departments that have a decent EMS system and am currently applying to a few of them. i was wondering if anyone knows of some good EMS Companies (private or fire) that i can become a career Medic.. im currently an EMT-B but will go to medic school once i get settled in

MedicBender

Forum Captain
From my experience, most places won't hire an EMT-Basic that's applying from out of state unless you already have your state licenses. Fire departments are the exception to the rule, but atleast out here (east coast) the competition is fierce for those jobs. Have you considered getting your NREMT-P, then applying out of state?

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
im considering getting my NREMT-P, just dont know if i cant right now. there are a few states out there that are easy to do reciprocity in.. but right now im currently applying and hopefully testing in a few fire departments (San Antonio,Plano and FDNY.) part of me really wants to be a career medic where i can live pretty comfortably

MedicBender

Forum Captain
FDNY would be fun, but don't expect to live comfortably on the medic salary. I haven't heard much about TX. The fire departments out here start between $13-$18/Hr for an EMT-Basic

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Where do you reside? San Antonio fire starts at 4000 a month and they promote to medic internally so I'm sure they make more too.. one of the main reasons I wanna go to Texas is the rediclously cheap cost of living