Best anatomy and physiology book and any book to help prepare for emt-b course

Lindsey15

Forum Ride Along
I was wondering if anyone has any good books to help with anatomy and physiology or just books in general to help me prepare for my course? I haven’t been in school in several years and I have to pass this course and the NREMT in order to ship to Army basic training by the fall time. Thank you!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Moore Clinically Oriented Anatomy and Guyton Physiology, however, I think most books will be overkill for EMT. My EMT class I think spent 4 hours on anatomy? Whatever book your EMT class is going to use, it probably has a chapter on anatomy and physiology, and that's probably what I would focus on to pass the class. The anatomy and physiology EMTs learn isn't very comprehensive. Most Anatomy and Physiology books will probably take longer to read than to complete the EMT class. You'll likely take one test on it early on, some questions will pop up in your final, and then some questions will pop up in the NREMT. I think it'll be low yield. There likely won't be a lot of questions on it in your final or on the NREMT. People say that knowing your anatomy and physiology will help make you a good clinician, but I personally think it won't help a lot to pass the class or NREMT unfortunately.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I was wondering if anyone has any good books to help with anatomy and physiology or just books in general to help me prepare for my course? I haven’t been in school in several years and I have to pass this course and the NREMT in order to ship to Army basic training by the fall time. Thank you!
How are you required to take EMT before shipping? All that is taught at 68W school.

OP
OP
L

Lindsey15

Forum Ride Along
Moore Clinically Oriented Anatomy and Guyton Physiology, however, I think most books will be overkill for EMT. My EMT class I think spent 4 hours on anatomy? Whatever book your EMT class is going to use, it probably has a chapter on anatomy and physiology, and that's probably what I would focus on to pass the class. The anatomy and physiology EMTs learn isn't very comprehensive. Most Anatomy and Physiology books will probably take longer to read than to complete the EMT class. You'll likely take one test on it early on, some questions will pop up in your final, and then some questions will pop up in the NREMT. I think it'll be low yield. There likely won't be a lot of questions on it in your final or on the NREMT. People say that knowing your anatomy and physiology will help make you a good clinician, but I personally think it won't help a lot to pass the class or NREMT unfortunately.
Thank you! My instructors were making it seem as if we had to have everything dealing with anatomy and physiology memorized and that it’ll be on every test so I started worrying thinking I was going to fall behind before the course even started.

OP
OP
L

Lindsey15

Forum Ride Along
How are you required to take EMT before shipping? All that is taught at 68W school.
I am doing the program where I can skip the EMT portion of AIT and be able to go in as an E-4 if I already have my NREMT certification

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I’m familiar with that. So it’s not you have to, it’s want to.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The anatomy and physiology section of any EMT text will prepare you. I suggest Emergency Care 14th edition. You can buy online access with an E-text at Pearson.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Other than your EMT textbook, you need *no* A&P book to pass your initial EMT course. Read it before you start the class and you'll have more than enough background.