Any info on lifestar Ambulance in Tulare, CA

mrhunt

Forum Lieutenant
I don't believe so. They're are no full time positions and we JUST hired two part timers.
There's little chance of getting hired here currently...

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
I know this reply is a little (a lot) late, but if you are still looking at Tulare County, Imperial Ambulance in Porterville is currently hiring paramedics. I believe there may be part time EMT spots too. We have added staff due to the increase in call volume over the past year and are continuing to do so. Currently, we operate 6 to 7 24 hour ALS units a day out of 3 stations and are looking to add to that and add a BLS unit in the near future as well. We work 48 and 72 hour shifts with a 48 one week and a 72 the next on fixed days each week, so there are no rotating days. We are the sole ALS provider in our area as all the fire departments are BLS only. We have an excellent working relationship with our local fire departments. We also cover a large area (over 1,000 square miles) and it includes a medium sized city, small towns, farmland, as well as large parts of the Sequoia National Forest and Giant Sequoia National Monument; so you get a wide variety of calls and long transport times. It is a great place to get experience and the cost of living is low by CA standards. (My custom built 4 bedroom home on a dead end street cost me less than 300K.) You can apply on line and there are sign on and relocation bonuses for current paramedics. Myself and many of the paramedics here used to work in SoCal and came up here for the experience and autonomy and haven't looked back since.

OP
OP
J

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I know this reply is a little (a lot) late, but if you are still looking at Tulare County, Imperial Ambulance in Porterville is currently hiring paramedics. I believe there may be part time EMT spots too. We have added staff due to the increase in call volume over the past year and are continuing to do so. Currently, we operate 6 to 7 24 hour ALS units a day out of 3 stations and are looking to add to that and add a BLS unit in the near future as well. We work 48 and 72 hour shifts with a 48 one week and a 72 the next on fixed days each week, so there are no rotating days. We are the sole ALS provider in our area as all the fire departments are BLS only. We have an excellent working relationship with our local fire departments. We also cover a large area (over 1,000 square miles) and it includes a medium sized city, small towns, farmland, as well as large parts of the Sequoia National Forest and Giant Sequoia National Monument; so you get a wide variety of calls and long transport times. It is a great place to get experience and the cost of living is low by CA standards. (My custom built 4 bedroom home on a dead end street cost me less than 300K.) You can apply on line and there are sign on and relocation bonuses for current paramedics. Myself and many of the paramedics here used to work in SoCal and came up here for the experience and autonomy and haven't looked back since.

iinterviewed with them and thought they were great but I didn’t pass the medical exam due to mild scoliosis

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
48 and 72 hour shifts? Man, hopefully you guys aren’t that busy

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
48 and 72 hour shifts? Man, hopefully you guys aren’t that busy

We have been getting busier which is why we are adding staff; but its nothing like a large metro system. One unique thing we have, is if a crew reports fatigue to their supervisor, the supervisor has the ability to put them out of service for 4 hours to take a nap. Also, if a crew is getting a long distance transfer the supervisor tries to put them out of service for at least a couple of hours before the transfer to get some rest.