• Before posting in this section, please take a moment and review our EMS Job Posting Guidelines.

AMR Palm Springs hiring EMT's for Coachella fest and Stagecoach

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It's that time of the year again AMR Palm Springs is hiring temporary EMT's for the music festivals; Coachella fest and Stagecoach in Indio California. All 3 Riverside county divisions will be out there and most temps get permanent full time or part time job offers with Riverside, Hemet, or Palm Springs divisions. Apply at the link below.

https://jobs.evhc.net/job/Palm-Springs-EMT-CA-92262/451869300/

chrls

Forum Crew Member
It's that time of the year again AMR Palm Springs is hiring temporary EMT's for the music festivals; Coachella fest and Stagecoach in Indio California. All 3 Riverside county divisions will be out there and most temps get permanent full time or part time job offers with Riverside, Hemet, or Palm Springs divisions. Apply at the link below.

https://jobs.evhc.net/job/Palm-Springs-EMT-CA-92262/451869300/

Can I work there?

But in all seriousness, coachella and stagecoach are something I look forward to all year.

It’s a great way for new EMT’s to get into the EMS world. The work is fun and you get to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot. You’ll be working along side paramedics that work in Hemet/Palm Springs/Riverside as well as nurses from area hospitals, AMR CCT nurses, and doctors.

There’s paid training leading up to the festivals and a while actually working the festivals you’ll get free meals. After your shift your employee wrist band also gets you into the show if you’re into that kind of thing.

Palm Springs AMR is the main hiring point for the festivals but temps who are interested and do a good job at the festivals get hired at Palm Springs, Hemet, and Riverside every year.

There’s several people that work at Palm Springs AMR on this forum and I think we all work the festivals in one way or another. I know I’m open to questions and the others probably are as well.

cli128

Forum Ride Along
Just for future references, what's the hiring and training process is like for this? Do they train on the weekdays? and what's the requirement?

chrls

Forum Crew Member
Just for future references, what's the hiring and training process is like for this? Do they train on the weekdays? and what's the requirement?

Hiring is a written test, skills test, and interview. This is intended to get a feel for you and if you’ll be useful. Being successful at this stage it’s difficult.

There’s some mandatory AMR online training you have to complete prior to the first day of the festivals. The in person training consists of a day of orientation at the Palm Springs deployment, then a ride to ticketing at the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens to get your passes for the first week, and finally a quick onsite orientation.

Requirements are high school deploma/GED, cpr card, and a California EMT license. I don’t think they’re required for the festivals but you might need the FEMA ICS 100/200/700/800 classes. They’re all online and free and take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours total.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@exodus has been doing interviews for it so maybe he can shed some light on the skills test.

Status
Not open for further replies.