Two people die in helicopter crash in Florida

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That footage is insane... Condolences to the family to the one who didn't make it out (as well as the victim inside the apt...), but 2 of the 3 crew managed to survive that??

I'm kind of surprised with the smoke trailing from the helicopter initially seen in the video, that they didn't put down right away... idk maybe there was just no good emergency landing zone in that area, and they were making for one (until it just ripped apart) but I kinda feel with that smoke pouring out... find a road/intersection and get down now...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That footage is insane... Condolences to the family to the one who didn't make it out (as well as the victim inside the apt...), but 2 of the 3 crew managed to survive that??

I'm kind of surprised with the smoke trailing from the helicopter initially seen in the video, that they didn't put down right away... idk maybe there was just no good emergency landing zone in that area, and they were making for one (until it just ripped apart) but I kinda feel with that smoke pouring out... find a road/intersection and get down now...
The 2 who survived were reported to have jumped out of the helicopter right before it crashed into the apartment complex. There is video of them crawling on the roof and then climbing down a ladder a citizen placed.

The pilot survived so we should find out what exactly happened. If you look on the flight log they just took off from the airport and then made a 180 because they were very close to it when the pilot reported engine failure.

In an EC135 that is probably loaded down with fuel and 3 crew on board if one of the engines fails, which the pilot reported on ATC, you are going to have to make a run on landing (slide on the skids) and an airport would be the best place to do that.

Heck, we don’t even know if the crew knew there was a fire on board.