I have questions about companies that hire for special events

RMD3819

Forum Probie
Anyone work for Event Medics, Amphibious Medics or similar?

I am considering these as a post retirement gig. Do they only draw from locals or do they pay/reimburse for travel, housing etc.? If ALS do they supply medical direction?

Websites don’t address these things.

Any comments about this work appreciated.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Email them. It says right on the website if your questions aren't answered…EMAIL.

OP
OP
R

RMD3819

Forum Probie
Tried email.

Got a boilerplate bot response on how to apply etc...not answering my questions.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
A.M. pay is bad. They are cheap. Some jobs they want you to do 3 different jobs for one paycheck.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I am considering these as a post retirement gig. Do they only draw from locals
the majority of the time they only hire locals for events. if they travel for an event, they will typically take full timers and bring them along.
or do they pay/reimburse for travel, housing etc.?
they rarely pay for travel, unless you are full-time with them; housing is often down on the cheap as well, if they provide it at all. however, housing is typically not provided for non-full-time staff.
If ALS do they supply medical direction?
sometimes. Either they will bring their own medical direction, or contract with the local EMS agency for ALS providers. For larger events they will staff a "first aid" tent, which has 1-2 MDs and 3-5 RNs, and can do almost everything a portable EMS can do.

If it's a small even, you might be expected to provide your own BLS equipment.

jgrange

Forum Ride Along
Anyone work for Event Medics, Amphibious Medics or similar?

I am considering these as a post retirement gig. Do they only draw from locals or do they pay/reimburse for travel, housing etc.? If ALS do they supply medical direction?

Websites don’t address these things.

Any comments about this work appreciated.
I work with Symbiosis which offers event medical support for numerous venues throughout southern California such as Glen Helen Amphitheater, Toyota Arena, Honda Center, Five Points Amphitheater, Santa Anita Racetrack, Los Angeles Coliseum, and many more. Symbiosis mostly draws from local EMTs, paramedics, nurses and physicians. They also use nurse practitioners and PAs for some events. In my somewhat biased opinion, one thing that sets Symbiosis apart from other providers is the fact that it is completely owned and operated by local EMTs, paramedics, nurses and physicians. Although Symbiosis started solely as an event company (aka Symons Ambulance) many years ago, it has grown to include urgent care and other areas which allows you to grow with the company. Many employees started as EMTs and became paramedics, nurses and docs who still work with the company. You can see more information at their website <www.symbiosiscare.com>.