EMTLife.com - The #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion  

Go Back   EMTLife.com - The #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion > The Break Room > EMS Lounge

EMS Lounge Sit back, relax, and start up discussion with fellow medics. This is a perfect place for new users to make their introductions.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
MMiz
Community Leader
I put the M in EMTLife

Training: EMT-Basic

I know a lot of people in EMS watch a lot of movies, and was wondering if anyone has tried out either NetFlix or Blockbuster Online.

Both give you a free month trial, and send you three DVDs at a time. You watch them at your leisure, and send them back. They send out the next three on your list. Blockbuster even gives you two coupons for free in-store rentals.

I've used both for a few months now, and blockbuster provides much faster service for me (though BlockBuster and NetFlix are both returned to distribution centers only a few miles away).

Anyone else use either service?

MMiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
medic03
Forum Lieutenant

Training: Critical Care Paramedic
netflix. no problems here with it.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
rescuecpt
Community Leader Emeritus
Community Leader Emeritus

Training: EMT-Intermediate
Send a message via AIM to rescuecpt
I heard a netflix ad on the radio the other day - I was surprised because at the end the little lawyer guy said "2 dvd's at a time, maximum 4 per month"... maybe it's a different plan? I always thought it was 3 at a time unlimited per month.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #4
KEVD18
Forum Deputy Chief

Training: retired
netflix since it came out. only one time did i have a problem and they sorted it out right quick
KEVD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #5
MMiz
Community Leader
I put the M in EMTLife

Generally we return movies only a day or two after we get 'em, so I'm guessing they're rate-limiting us. They admit to such practices, and also admit that newer members and those who rent less are first in line for the hard-to-get movies, so it seems we haven't been getting those lately. Generally it's a great service though, and definitely worth the fee.

Cpt, they're really known for their 3-at-a-time program, but to compete with Blockbuster and WalMart's cheeper services, they're being sneaky and throwing the price out there for the two-at-a-time, four a month program.

I like 'em though

Old 04-16-2005, 08:14 AM   #6
emt3225
Forum Crew Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MMiz@Apr 14 2005, 12:30 AM
I know a lot of people in EMS watch a lot of movies, and was wondering if anyone has tried out either NetFlix or Blockbuster Online.

Both give you a free month trial, and send you three DVDs at a time. You watch them at your leisure, and send them back. They send out the next three on your list. Blockbuster even gives you two coupons for free in-store rentals.

I've used both for a few months now, and blockbuster provides much faster service for me (though BlockBuster and NetFlix are both returned to distribution centers only a few miles away).

Anyone else use either service?
i have blockbuster online...really awsome...never any problems with them..i do believe that both these movie services offer the same thing, but netflix charges only $12 while blockbuster charges $15...enjoy
Old 04-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
Jon
Community Leader
Community Leader

Training: BS, NREMT-P
Send a message via AIM to Jon
I've had netflix for several months now. I love it. I drive by their distribution postal facility going to and from work, so I can drop off there and it will be in the box the next AM, no problem.

I've had a few movies go missing, and I've reported them, and gotten replacements, no problem.

Usually I get my movies within a 2-3 day turnaround.

I'm signing up to try blockbuster now...

Jon

The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer(s) / Companies or the organization(s) through which I access the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
I can't wait until people actually know what we're talking about when they get called an LIV lol
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
MMiz
Community Leader
I put the M in EMTLife

Jon,

Promotional Code word "friends" will give you a free month instead of just two weeks, I hope you didn't sign up yet!

Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 PM   #9
CodeSurfer
Forum Captain

Send a message via AIM to CodeSurfer
I really love the movies on demand from the cable company... we can control it all right there with our remote and it is probably less expensive since my bf and I barely have time to sleep let alone watch movies.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #10
TTLWHKR
Forum Deputy Chief

Training: EMT-Paramedic
Send a message via AIM to TTLWHKR
Blockbuster is cheaper

TTLWHKR is offline   Reply With Quote