EMTLife.com - The #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion  

Go Back   EMTLife.com - The #1 Online Forum for EMS-Related Discussion > The Break Room > EMS Lounge

EMS Lounge Sit back, relax, and start up discussion with fellow medics. This is a perfect place for new users to make their introductions.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
DT4EMS
Kip Teitsort, Founder

Training: EMT-Paramedic
Send a message via Skype™ to DT4EMS
A little about DT4EMS

Well...... many of you that have been around EMTlife for some time will know a little about me but let me give the short version......

Stated EMS in 1990 as an EMT. Got my medic in 1992. In 1995 became a full-time police officer and still worked on the ambulance at least one day a week.

Because I was also a martial artist, partners would ask me about "how to escape" a certain move and I would show them a self-defense technique. I soon realized, that just like in law enforcement..... there was much more than just "techniques" to staying safe.

So, in 1996 I put pen to paper and came up with DT4EMS. In 1997 the first class was taught for CEU's in Missouri. What started as a hobby became a passion when my ambulance was car-jacked (while I was in the back with a patient) in 2000.

Now we have 47 instructors teaching our system of scene safety tactics across the country.

We have had several articles on both EMSWorld and JEMS online sites. We have also had several blogs written about our classes by participants. I was the Subject Matter Expert for the NAEMT's new Safety Course.

We have and continue to present at many state conferences as well as a being a presenter at the EMS Expo in Atlanta.

My personal bio can be viewed here:
http://dt4ems.com/bio_kip.htm

I am no ninja or tough guy........ just a regular guy who wants leave EMS better than the way I found it.

Saving yours......while you save others!
DT4EMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
firecoins
IFT Puppet

Training: NY EMT-P
I am a ninja. I trained in Japan for years after being kidnapped as a small child.

My opinions are not my own. They directly represent the opinions of the management of an agency I am not connected to in any way.
firecoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
DT4EMS
Kip Teitsort, Founder

Training: EMT-Paramedic
Send a message via Skype™ to DT4EMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecoins View Post
I am a ninja. I trained in Japan for years after being kidnapped as a small child.
Bwahahahahaha! My hero!

Saving yours......while you save others!
DT4EMS is offline   Reply With Quote